Time is now to upgrade your tiny little digital camera that you got for your sixteenth birthday which you forever got stuck with and jump into the world of amazing photography and Full HD videography on steroids.
Nikon DSLR are a trusted name in the photography industry and they mean it.
With the Nikon DSLR d3100 you have been awarded a chance to serve your inner photographer with a gift that might ultimately lead you to a world of opportunities yet unimagined by you.Now you will get a weapon to fire at your local photography contest that you were ignoring all these time. Capture the moments with your friends and families . Go on a vacation and bring back vivid memories using photography. All that and you can boast for something freely.Give your memories the quality of a DSLR. let be this your first DSLR .
Capture Impressive semi-professional quality 14 mega-pixel images and Full 1080p HD videos on 24 frames per second cinema style.
Afraid of all the technicality.. the in-camera Nikon interactive guide will help you get the perfect shot ,be it a red sunset,portrait or background blurring etc .it will suggest you the correct settings to turn you into a pro.
Interchangeable lenses…if you dreamt of it ..now you can have it…Buy additional lenses to suit your need. Capture sports with high zoom 300mm lenses.Experiment with fish eye lenses. limitless possibility. Included kit lenses of 18- 55 mm is equivalent to your 4x-5x zoom or you can buy a 18-135 mm model . Check this link to see what your needs will be.
So Are you struggling with blurs under low light..well no more as high ISO-(light) sensitivity will take care of it. Allowing you to use flash much less as possible. Although included pop up flash can handle things quiet fantastically or add your own hot shoe flash.
Experiment with your creative limit. Manual control of almost any aspect inside the camera in manual, programming ,priority modes..Take HDR photos,..etc etc you will get to it sooner or later
Videos with Auto Focus and Manual focus ensures your videos are always in focus. Professional quality videos.Start your own YouTube channel or a local channel, a talk show maybe ..Nikon d 3100 will handle it.
with 18-200mm and 18-55mm lenses Amazon
Split-second shutter response eliminates the frustration of shutter delay, so you’ll never miss any special moment. Six automatic exposure scene modes ranging from landscape to portrait automatically delivers stunning results under challenging conditions. The D3100 is also equipped with a live view function that allows you to frame images in the 3-inch monitor, and the D-Movie function that provides support for Full 1080p HD movie recording. Fast 11-point autofocus system delivers razor-sharp pictures.
While the D3100 offers authentic digital-SLR camera performance, it is also an extremely lightweight digital-SLR camera from which even beginners can expect beautiful images that accurately reflect their shooting intent. It also comes with an 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Image Stabilization lens at a price you’ll appreciate.
- Nikon-developed CMOS Image Sensor and Image Processing EngineA newly developed DX-format CMOS sensor with 14.2 effective megapixels works in tandem with new EXPEED 2 image processing engine to produce highly detailed images containing rich tonal gradations and faithful color. This combination also helps produce beautifully defocused backgrounds – a hallmark of quality digital SLR cameras. In addition, a maximum ISO of 3200 (expandable to ISO 12800 equivalent) delivers exceptional results, even in the most challenging low-light situations.
- Guide ModeTaking Great photos is easy with D3100’s Guide Mode – in-camera guidance that shows you step-by-step how to change camera settings. Just select a Guide Mode setting that matches the scene then let Guide Mode assist. Not only will you obtain the desired results, you’ll understand how you achieved them. Guide Mode even displays sample photos so you’ll know what to expect from each setting.
- Full 1080p HD Cinematic Video with Full-time Autofocus and SoundThe D3100 is equipped with the D-Movie function that enables recording of high-definition videos with sound by simply pressing the movie-record button. View recorded videos on the large 3-inch LCD monitor and perform simple editing tasks like trimming scenes before or after a designated point and extracting still images. HDMI connectivity lets you connect D3100 to an HDTV with playback managed by the TV’s remote control (HDMI CEC-compatible TVs only).
- 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR Image Stabilization LensFeaturing legendary NIKKOR optical quality, and fast, accurate autofocus and Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization, the lens helps capture dramatically sharp, blur-free pictures with vivid color, striking contrast and crisp detail.
- Active D-LightingActive D-Lighting optimizes high contrast images to restore the shadow and highlight details that are often lost when strong lighting increases the contrast between bright and dark areas of an image.
- Picture Control – Customizing images before the shot Expand creative expression with Picture Control. Six settings – Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait and Landscape – let you determine the look of photos and full HD movies before you shoot. In addition, sharpness, contrast, brightness and saturation can be adjusted to customize settings.
- Image Sensor
- Image Sensor Size
- 23.1 x 15.4mm
- Gross Pixels
- 14.8 MP
- Effective Pixels
- 14.2 MP
- Dust Cleaning System
- Image sensor cleaning
Airflow Control System
Image Dust Off reference data (optional Capture NX 2 software required)
(L) 4608 x 3072
(M) 3456 x 2304
(S) 2304 x 1536
- White Balance
Fluorescent (7 types)
All except preset manual with fine tuning
- Viewfinder Type
- Eye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex viewfinder
- 95% horizontal
- 0.80x (50mm f/1.4 lens at infinity; -1.0m¯¹) Approx.
- 18mm (-1.0m¯¹)
- Dioptric Adjustment
- -1.7 to +0.5m¯¹
- Focusing Screen
- Type B BriteView Clear Matte Mark VII screen
- Quick-return type
- 3.0″ 230k
- Focusing Modes
- Single Area AF
3D-tracking (11 points)
- AF Points
- Can be selected from 11 focus points
- Focus Lock
- Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (single-servo AF)
Focus can be locked by pressing AE-L/AF-L button
- Exposure Control
- Auto modes ( auto, auto [flash off])
Programmed Auto with flexible Program (P)
Shutter-Priority Auto (S)
Aperture-Priority Auto (A)
- Exposure Compensation
- ±5 EV in increments of 1/3EV
- Metering System
- TTL exposure metering using 420-pixel RGB sensor
- ISO Sensitivity
- ISO 100 to 3200 in steps of 1 EV
Can also be set to approx. 1 EV above ISO 3200 (ISO 6400 equivalent) or to approx. 2 EV above ISO 3200 (ISO 12800 equivalent
Auto ISO sensitivity control available
Expanded ISO Sensitivity Options:
1 EV above ISO 3200 (ISO 6400 equivalent)
2 EV above ISO 3200 (ISO 12800 equivalent) Approx.
Auto ISO sensitivity control available
- Shutter Type
- Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane
- Shutter Speed
- 1/4000 to 30 sec. in steps of 1/3 EV
- 2 sec.
10 sec.Timer duration electronically controlled
- Flash Mode
Auto with red-eye reduction
Auto slow sync
Auto slow sync with red-eye correction
Rear curtain with slow sync
- Flash Control
- TTL: i-TTL ballanced fill-flash and standard i-TTL flash for digital SLR using 420-pixel RGB sensor are available with built-in flash adn SB-900, SB-800, SB-600, or SB-400 (i-TTL balanced fill-flash available when matrix or center-weighted metering)
Auto aperture: Available with SB-900/SB-800 and CPU lens
Non-TTL auto: Supported flash units include BS-900, SB-800, SB-80DX, SB-28DX, SB-28, SB-27, and SB-22S
Distance-priority manual: Available with SB-900 and SB-800
- Flash Exposure Compensation
- -3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3 EV
- Scene Modes
- Full frame
Thumbnail (4, 9 or 72 images)
Auto image rotation
Image Comment (up to 36 characters)
Highlight point display
- File Format
- NEF (RAW)
JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx 1:4), normal (approx 1:8), or basic (approx 1:16) compression
NEF (RAW) + JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats
- Recording Media
- SD / SDHC /SDXC Card
- Movie Format
- Max. Recording Resolution
- 1920 x 1080 (24p): 24 fps (23.976 fps)
1280 x 720 (30p): 30 fps (29.97 fps)
1280 x 720 (25p): 25 fps
1280 x 720 (24p): 24 fps (23.976 fps)
640 x 424 (24p): 24 fps (23.976 fps)
- Compatible Lenses
- AI-P NIKKOR: All functions supported except autofocus and 3D Color Matrix Metering II
AF-S, AF-I: All functions supported
Non-CPU: Can be used in mode M, but exposure meter does not function; electronic range finder can be used if maximum aperture is f/5.6 or faster
IX Nikkor lenses cannot be used
Electronic Rangefinder usable with lens with maximum aperture of f/5.6 or faster
Type G or D AF NIKKOR not equipped with an autofocus motor: All functions supported except autofocus
AF-NIKKOR for F3AF not supported
Other AF NIKKOR: All functions supported except autofocus and 3D color matrix metering II
Type D PC NIKKOR: All functions supported except autofocus and some shooting modes.
- Lens Mount
- Nikon F bayonet mount
- EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- 14.2 Megapixel DX-format CMOS Image Sensor
Includes 3x 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR Image Stabilization Lens
Full 1080p HD Cinematic Video with full-time autofocus and sound
Compact and Lightweight Design
Easy-To-Use—Featuring Nikon’s Guide Mode
Split-second Shutter Response
Fast 11-point Autofocus System
ISO sensitivity 100-3200, expandable to ISO 12800 equivalent
3-in. monitor with One-Touch Live View shooting and movie capture
Scene Auto Selector
Scene Recognition System
6 Automatic Exposure Scene Modes
Automatic Image Sensor Cleaning
Built-in pop-up flash
In-camera Image Editing
- 1 year limited
- 1 year limited